Jun 30, 2023

My Sister Myself - Three Years Later

 
So the medallion was gone and we couldn't do anything about it; I was forced to assume my sister's identity for an indefinite period of time.  Mum made an excuse and told everyone that I had gone abroad to study, as my previous identity had disappeared. Actually, my mum had decided that I should live with my dad, who lived on the other side of the country. It was a shock for him as well when he found out that he had lost a son and had recovered a daughter in return. In the end, he agreed to help me, so I moved in with him.
After several months of missing my presence, my mother decided to move in, saying I needed the female presence in the house to grow up. Then the unexpected happened: back under the same roof, my parents rediscovered their passion,,while I was living the life of a normal twenty year old girl.
A few days ago I was wandering around a flea market when I suddenly saw it. Among a thousand pieces of junk, the medallion had reappeared. I could have gone back to my old life, but then I thought about everything that had happened in the last few years: I had new friends, I was about to major in economics, I was dating a guy and my parents were back together; No, I thought Beth would stay here and I left it there.

1 comment:

  1. Three years later, I had to adjust to the fact that I'm her now, then I have a chance to return back to my old self again. Will I do it. If you asked me three years ago, I would yes, i a minute, but I am her, she is me, three year, can be a life time ago. Thing change, am I her yes, but she is me. This who I am now.

    ReplyDelete